Are you doing enough to enhance your online presence? Are Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn all that you need to boost your business? Although just a handful of social media platforms are not enough to ensure a consistent market share for your organization, they can help improve your online visibility. Visual social media marketing is picking up speed faster than ever, and businesses who are tapping into this resource are on the high road to success in online brand awareness and traffic generation.
Posting attractive, clear images on Instagram or Pinterest is becoming an increasingly fast approach to attract clients and generate sales. It is also another way to effectively connect with your target audience, as you can respond to them directly through comments. These two networks are also the fastest growing social networks. Many people use Instagram to boost their business. In fact, some businesses launched themselves on Instagram and then moved onto developing their website as their followers grew.
Businesses are fast learning to make use of the growing trend of using visuals to promote their products and services. This is because:
- Pictures on Facebook are most shared rather than posts, and generate more traffic and views
- Blog posts which include images are most viewed and generate more traffic
- The links which are clicked and shared most on Twitter are images
- 60 hours of video are uploaded every minute, or one hour of video is uploaded to YouTube every second.
Another social media platform used for this purpose is Pinterest. It lets you collect and share your most interesting images. Pinterest has become the third largest social network in less than three years with 70 million users and receives 2.5 billion page views a month. Whoa! Imagine the boost this could give to your business. Images are the most viewed, clicked on, engaged with, and shared type of content on social media platforms. With these facts it is important to have a relevant visual strategy in place along with your other social media objectives.
Some points to remember in taking advantage of this trend:
- Use extremely relevant images as this will make your webpage shareable and visually attractive thus helping to generate more traffic, leads and sales.
- Include images which relate to your business even in your Facebook page, LinkedIn profile, twitter account, basically, in all your online content.
- Make proper use of the fast-growing image-based social networks like Pinterest and Instagram and learn their effective use.
Pictures are helping businesses generate leads and revenue, use them effectively, and you too can achieve your online goals.