Utilize your employees in your social media marketing strategy. Don’t let your Facebook posts go unnoticed and unshared. Ask your employees to help share your content. Employee social sharing can be done with automated features that are triggered by each post or blog publishing.
The value of employee social sharing isn’t only about the likes or comments. It’s also about the connection to your employee’s connections. Think of all the times that you’ve eaten at a restaurant or gone to a store because it was recommended. This is the premise of the “weak–tie” theory. Weak-tie connections are part of your extended network.
You can automate Facebook with IFTTT three ways. This tool allows you to automatically generate an email when you post new content to your blog, or post on Facebook. It also allows you to auto share Facebook content.
- The RSS feed triggers an email message asking for Facebook shares.
- Your Facebook page triggers an email message asking for engagement for your latest Facebook post.
- The RSS feed triggers a Facebook post automatically each time you post a blog.
- The RSS feed triggers a Tweet each time you post a new blog.
- Use the BufferApp to queue a Tweet for specific time. The RSS feed triggers the BufferApp each time you post a new blog.
Although Google+ isn’t specifically integrated with IFTTT, it does have an HTML share screen you can refer people to. Just like Pinterest, not having this automation option doesn’t make these platforms any less important.
- The RSS feed triggers an email message asking for Google+ shares for your blog content.
- The RSS feed triggers an email message asking for LinkedIn shares for your blog content.
- The RSS feed triggers a LinkedIn post each time you post a blog.
Just like Google+, Pinterest is not specifically integrated with IFTTT. However, you can send an email with a link to pin the featured photo of a post.
- The RSS feed triggers an email message asking for Pinterest shares for your blog content.
With automation tools like IFTTT you can email your employees requesting them to help you share your social media content. Another free tool you can look into to help with the automation is Zapier.