To be successful at selling, brands need to make emotional connections. The technique used to accomplish this is learning the specific words and phrases that your buyers use. These keywords provide a powerful way to make an emotional connection with your buyer.
You know the term, “the customer is always right.” Well, these keywords prove that the customer is indeed right. The words that buyers use are the right ones for them, which is why using these trigger words is essential to your selling and marketing strategy.
So how do you find the correct trigger words?
When the same words are repeated over and over by your buyers, these are the words you’re looking for. These words are a strong indicator of what is most essential to that buyer. And, these words are most likely just as important to many others just like them.
Making personal connections
In today’s world, where the web is an integral part of everyday life, being aware of keywords for SEO and online discoverability is important. This was not the case 5 to 10 years ago. However, even before the Internet, sales professionals were trained to use words that resonated with their ideal customer. The sales mentality was to speak their customer’s language.
Marketers need to use this same language theory to create the right energy. For example, if you think about the mantra in meditation. In meditation, a mantra is a focusing sound that is repeated to direct the attention of the users from the repetitive thoughts that control their minds.
Just like a mantra makes a personal connection, your keywords will too. It’s important to use the exact words or phrases that your buyers are using. This is crucial for making the desired vibrational connection with your buyer.
Keyword hashtags are searchable triggers
Embed your digital conversations with hashtags, so you can make those conversations searchable by buyers with similar needs. Hashtags are an invaluable tool that help discover potential buyers. However, you can only achieve this, if your hashtags use the exact words and phrases that resonate with your target audience. Hashtags have proven to be a viable way to connect with new business opportunities.
Following are some best practices for using trigger words in your marketing strategy:
- Trigger words are generally repeated several times in the same conversation. These words will trigger emotional responses, such as pain or desire.
- Write these trigger words down exactly as they are given to you.
- Ask the buyer to elaborate more on the keywords they tend to use. For example, meditation garden, tranquility garden, and a healing garden are descriptions different customers used to describe the same type of garden. For a landscape designer understanding this is crucial to landing the project. Asking the buyer questions, will give you definite answers.
- Use the same words in your conversation to acknowledge your understanding of the words that trigger emotional responses from your audience.
- Create a list of the most common trigger words and use them in your selling and marketing strategies. Make sure you include these keywords on your website to optimize it for search.
Contact Us for More Information – Like Us on Facebook – Follow Us on Twitter – Join our LinkedIn Group – Connect on Google +