If you were hoping and praying that social media marketing would die away, you can continue thinking that way in vain. As 2013 drew to a close, statistics support that social media has left behind an impressive trail of growth and will continue to do so in the upcoming years. Take a moment to absorb the following statistics:
- Marketing budget for digital marketing is estimated to be $135 billion
- In 2013, 55% of businesses increased their budgets for digital marketing
- Of the entire ad market, internet advertising will account for 25% by 2015
- 78% of CMOs think that content marketing is the future and 50% of companies already have content marketing strategies
- The 45-55 year age bracket is the fastest growing on Facebook and Google+, while on twitter the 55-64 age bracket has grown 79% since 2012 (huge potential to cater to users other than only teenagers)
- 93% of marketers use social media for business
There is no limit to the amount of statistics available on the internet showcasing the growth of social media. It is true that marketing through social media can be complex and sometimes time consuming. But as a business if you still haven’t embraced its power or lag behind in doing so, it is time to up your game, sharpen your weapons, and dive in to reap the benefits by using the following tips:
Maintain a Strong Presence
Remember the online image that you will maintain is all that you have and all that will help you in gaining traffic. Maintain a polished and professional social media profile. If you need help, don’t shy away from asking for it. Make sure your profile portrays the image you want it to portray. Keep reviewing and improving it from time to time.
Grow Your Network
Connect with the right people. Form engaging relationships. Use the tools offered by the sites to identify people you may already know or those who share your interests. You have to spend time increasing your visibility and influence by growing your network. Growing your network is critical as it will become your voice as well as give you insights into changing demographics.
Share Value Added Content
Always remember to share relevant and helpful content. It will build followers, connections, and fans faster as you strive to deliver value. Be sure to remain consistent in your efforts and sooner or later you will see the difference. Enhance your knowledge base of understanding the intent of different sites. Outline your target market and make a strategy for social media marketing and if required consult some specialists. It’s a fast changing social world out there, so be sure to keep yourself updated!