There are so many videos that are promoted on YouTube on a daily basis. Unfortunately, only a very small number of these enjoy a little over a hundred views and an even smaller number succeed in creating a viral buzz. Is your video among this very small number? If not, why?
Focus on quality and the targeted audience
We will delve into the why’s towards the end of this blog, but for right now, we will talk about something else. When you create a video, you should stop focusing on achieving virality. Instead you should concentrate on targeting your audience. While this may not generate enough views, it does ascertain that most of the views you do get are from people who are actually interested in your niche. Remember that as far as marketing is concerned, untargeted views cannot get you anywhere, so this is really important.
If you ask experts, they will tell you that the number of views you can generate is not important. The importance should be given to quality and level of engagement your video offers.
Stay clear of ‘features’ that result in a poor and unattractive video
With this out of the way, here is why your videos may not be helping you get ahead of the competition.
- Your videos are extremely dull to watch. This could be if you produce them poorly or if you fail to make the content interesting. If you keep on talking about the same thing or unnecessarily increase the length; that will also make your video boring.
- Your videos are not targeting the right sort of audience; we have already discussed this part in the preceding paragraphs.
- Your video contains content that is not interesting or already too common. If you share the latest news in the industry or provide your viewers with recent updates, you can avoid this.
- Your video does not contain any interesting visuals, so it fails to keep the viewers engaged. There are so many tools that you can utilize to produce attractive videos; if you do not know how to use these, learn them or hire someone who is already an expert with them.
- Your video is not tagged and the title is neither attractive nor mentions what your video is about. Until your title is luring, no one will view your video, and until you use proper tags, YouTube will never display it on or near top of the search.
What tips can you share for creating viral videos?
Contact Us for More Information – Like Us on Facebook – Follow Us on Twitter – Join our LinkedIn Group – Connect on Google + – Get Social Media Tips on Pinterest